Parish Council Services
The Parish Council Office opens from 9am – 2pm Monday – Thursday for information and advice. Among the services we provide are:
- Managing the playing fields and children’s play equipment at The Meadows, Hopwood and Rowney Green
- Footpath lighting and minor highways work
- Keeping the Alvechurch village centre clean
- Upkeep of community buildings at Rowney Green and Hopwood
- Grants to community organisations especially The Lounge
- Grit and dog bin supply and servicing
- Advice and opinion on building/housing
- Making representations to the District and County for the benefit of the parish, for example on planning issues
- Leading Neighbourhood Planning for the parish
- Looking after the car park at the Social Club (daytime)
Note. The Wiggin Memorial Playing Fields are always open for visitors on foot. The car park gates are closed from time to time as a precaution against unauthorised encampments. The Parish Council receives regular information from the Police and the District Council on movements that might put the meadows and other playing fields at risk of invasion. The car park gates are opened when the risk is judged to be low.
The Parish Council is committed to providing value for money and friendly, responsive services to all Parishioners.