Alvechurch Parish Council’s Mission Statement
Our Parish Council Mission
‘Alvechurch Parish Council is dedicated to meeting the needs and aspirations of the whole community, to improving the quality of life for people living in Alvechurch Parish and to enhancing the attractiveness of the whole parish as a place in which to live, work, visit or invest.
To achieve its mission the Parish Council intends:
- To provide a strong and independent voice for Alvechurch Parish
- To provide high standard and cost-effective Parish Council services
- To preserve and enhance the Alvechurch Parish traditions, character and identities
- To promote the Parish as clean, safe, welcoming and socially inclusive for all
- To support, maintain and promote the use of services, businesses, and facilities within the Parish
- To encourage appropriate housing growth and associated community facilities for education , health and recreation
- To work in partnership with others to achieve more for Alvechurch Parish and its surrounding areas’
The Parish Council will be guided in moving forward by the key aims in the Alvechurch Parish Neighbourhood Plan as adopted in January 2019.
1. Development that meets current and future needs of all age groups in a changing and growing Alvechurch parish community, whilst embracing high-quality design.
2. Through providing opportunities for community participation, development within the Alvechurch Village boundary focused on well-designed house building within walkable locations of key facilities.
3. Developing services, facilities, and amenities especially around Alvechurch Village centre that will help to improve quality of life, create a sense of well-being, promote community safety and enable active and healthy lifestyles for the parish as a whole.
4. Maintaining a mix of local businesses appropriate to the character of Alvechurch Parish whilst serving the needs of local people and with the inclusion of sympathetic rural diversification contributing to the wider economy.
5. Encouraging varieties of leisure, cultural and sporting facilities and activities to enable opportunities for all, particularly youngsters and older people.
6. Promoting both integrated public transport (with associated pedestrian walkways, cycle routes and adequate parking) and safer roads (through effective traffic management) in order to serve the growing and changing Alvechurch community and increase access to the local countryside.
7. To maintain and enhance the built historic and the natural environment for present and future generations whilst promoting new development that enhances local character.
8. Promotion of safe, sustainable developments that are designed to meet the latest energy efficiency standards and make the best use of existing resources whilst promoting the use of renewable energy for new developments in the Neighbourhood Plan Area.
‘We think that Alvechurch is a great place to live and work and we aim to do everything that we can do keep it so’.
Alvechurch Parsh Council is committed to improving the village and working with others to make things happen for the benefit of all.
If you have any ideas or suggestions please let us know as we do strive to help wherever possible.
Current press releases/statements will be displayed on this page, when relevant.
|No current documents|